Explore Private Jet Charter Rental Costs
Flying on commercial airlines can, at times, be super daunting. Long queues at the airport, the hassle of baggage claims, security checks & frisks, stifling flight experiences, and the list goes on.
What if you could bypass these, fly with the utmost convenience available to you, and avoid the airport’s nervous & hectic energies? And even fly with your pets in the cabin, rather than in a cargo hold or kenneling them under your seat?
One answer- private jet rentals!
If eons ago, renting a private jet seemed unthinkable due to sky-high prices, the tables have indeed turned! Today, let’s see the private plane rental costs and the options that would suit your needs the best!
Cost Breakdown- What Are You Paying For?
Before moving on to the private plane rental costs, here’s a list of things that comprises the cost of renting a private jet.
- The type & size of the aircraft: Light jets or smaller aircraft are more economical compared to their jumbo counterparts. The choice of aircraft will depend on various factors like distance, destination, number of passengers, and more!
- Federal Excise Tax: 7.5 percent of the amount paid for a trip that begins and ends in the United States or the 225-mile zone.
- Domestic Segment Fee: A tax rate of 7.5% plus a per passenger segment fee ($3.70 per passenger in 2022 for the domestic segment) is levied for commercial transportation of people.
- Airport Landing Fees
- International Flight Fees: If you fly outside the US
- Ground Transportation: Transportation to and from the airport
- In-Flight Catering: Although you get complimentary standard drinks and snacks, ordering anything special will come with catering charges.
- Overnight Crew Stays: If the attendants on board are required to stay overnight
- Aircraft De-icing or Hangar Fee: Applicable during cold-weather travel. During ice, snow, and frosty weather, it is imperative to remove frozen components or ice from parts of the plane.
- Flight Attendant
- Cleaning or Plane Damage Fees
If you’d like to read more, we’ve written in detail about the Most Common Private Jet Charter Costs & their Breakdown.
Types of Private Jets & Prices
When exploring private jet rental prices, note that prices vary widely, so it’s essential to know your needs.
JetOptions’ private jet charters range in rates based on the size of aircraft you book. Our ARGUS & Wyvern rated crews and aircraft include single-engine, turboprops, very light jets, light jets, midsize jets, heavy jets, airliners, and VIP airliners, all at varying hourly charges.
Note: As we have seen before, hourly rates are only one of many factors determining private jet charter pricing.
Rent a Very Light Jet or Turboprop
When to Choose
- Very Light Jets are suitable for short trips and require flexibility
- These planes have high fuel efficiency and the ability to travel to smaller airports
- Turboprop hourly charter rates start at around $2,400
Light Jets for Rent
Light Jets include Citation CJ4, Phenom 300, Premier 1A, Learjet 75, Learjet 31A, Learjet 35, Learjet 40XR, Learjet 45, or Hawker 400XP. More from the Citation family are the Jet 1 or CJ1, Citation SII, Citation V Ultra, Citation Bravo, CJ2, CJ3, Encore, Citation I, and Citation II.
These charters seat 6 to 7 passengers, have small baggage spaces and fly for around 3 hours.
When to Choose
- Light business jets and small-cabin jets are generally used for shorter trips
- The total flight time is usually less than three hours
- Light jets’ hourly charter rates start at around $3,500
Rent a MidJet or SuperMid Jet
With slightly increased capacity, mid jets and midsize cabin jets carry 6 to 8 passengers. They include the Legacy 500, Learjet 60XR, Learjet 45XR, Learjet 55, Hawker 850 XP, Hawker 900 XP, Gulfstream G100, Gulfstream G150, Falcon 20, Citation III, Citation VII, Citation XLS, and Citation Latitude.
When to Choose
- Ideal for longer trips, including domestic and transatlantic travel
- Under optimal conditions, the travel range is up to seven hours of flight time or 3,500 miles
- Super mid jets’ hourly charter rates start at around $5,500
Heavy Jets and Large Cabin Jets for Rent
For heavy jets, large jets, and heavy cabin jets, the capacity expands to 8 to 18 passengers. With significant baggage space, seats that fold down to sleep, a lavatory, and a kitchen, these jets are ideal for traversing the globe.
When to Choose
- Heavy Jet charters will fly you cross-country, transoceanic, and on transatlantic flights.
- Ideal for non-stop transoceanic travel with a maximum travel distance of up to 12 hours flight time or around 6,000 miles
- Heavy jet hourly charter rates start at around $7,000
Airliners & VIP Airliners
Charter Airliners can typically seat around 30 passengers and are equipped with a host of amenities such as reclining seats, overhead storage units, stand-up cabins, and more. A flight attendant is usually present at all times to cater to the needs of the passengers.
Charter VIP Airliners are synonymous with the epitome of luxury and are ideal for large groups of passengers. These usually have a capacity of upwards of 18 passengers and have a true cabin height of over 6 feet.
When to Choose
- Suited for non-stop travel to anywhere around the globe
- Can have flight time anywhere higher than 6,000 miles
- All airliner flights are operated by FAA Certified Part 135 and Part 121 air carriers
- Airliners and VIP Airliners are in high demand. Airliner prices per hour start at $18,000
- ARGUS and Wyvern registered company.
- Any aircraft, anytime, anywhere, often in 2-3 hours or less.
- All aircraft are rated above FAA standards for safety and operation thru ARGUS and Wyvern and carry $50,000,000 to $250,000,000 in insurance. Fly with an added peace of mind.
- 24/7 Complimentary Concierge services such as Medical Staff Escorts, Security, Ground Transportation, Hotels, and more.
- 24/7 Access to an Aviation Account Executive.
- Optimum rates in the market without sacrificing safety and premium condition of aircraft guaranteed.
- True one-way charters and true one-way rates* guaranteed. (*Restricted to specific routes)
- Complimentary upgrade when available.
Get the most for your money on your next private jet rental. Visit our JetOptions Private Jets Fleet pages for more photos and descriptions of our planes. Call JetOptions or email us for your next private jet charter for fast bookings. Or use our quote request form below.