Sales of pre-owned business jets “showed a slow start” during the first seven months of this year, according to the latest data from business aviation market information firm JetNet. That said, the inventory of used business jets continues its downward march, settling at 13.1 percent of the in-service fleet at the end of July–a 0.4-point decrease from a year ago. Sales transactions, however, are down 6.4 percent year-over-year, while the average time on the market climbed by 36 days, to 411. Defying these two negatives, the asking prices for pre-owned business jets surged by 11 percent, to $4.952 million, marking the third consecutive month this year with an increase in the year-to-date average asking price. Meanwhile, the pre-owned turboprop inventory remains low at 7.7 percent, down from 8.9 percent in the same period a year ago. Despite this “seller’s market,” business turboprop sale transactions fell 6.2 percent in July, while average asking prices dived by 27.8 percent, to $1.375 million. Paradoxically, the average number of days on the market for used turboprops dropped by 34, to 313 days.
Pre-Owned Jet Sales Off To Slow Start in 2013September 7th, 2013 JetOptions
Comments are closed.
Private Jet Charter, Business Aviation Info and News
This section contains private jet charter, business aviation, private air charter, and private jet information and news. Some information is written by us and other information comes from numerous sources that we have selected because we believe it will interest you. Let us know if you have any business aviation, private air charter or private jet related information that you would like to see here. JetOptions charters private jets. Book private jet charter, corporate jet charter, business jet charter. JetOptions charters private aircraft anywhere in the world, 24/7, often in 2 hours or less, while providing exceptional value, and an impeccable client experience. JetOptions charters piston aircraft, turboprop aircraft, very light jets, light jets, midsize jets, super mid jets, heavy jets, ultra long range jets, airliners, VIP airliners and helicopters. Our charter aircraft are the highest rated in safety through the outside independent rating agencies of Wyvern and ARG/US. Learn more about JetOptions Private Jets.
- Jets for Sale: Hawker 800XP, 900XP, G550, Falcon 7X, Astra 1125SP December 6, 2016
- Bombardier Business Aviation, Middle East Charter Market, Airbus, Legacy 450, St Tropez Private Jet Ban December 2, 2016
- Corporate Jets for Sale: Falcon 7X, Citation II, Global 6000, Falcon 2000, GIV/SP November 29, 2016
- Gulfstream Special Mission Fleet, Millennials and Business Aviation, Citation Longitude, Embraer Award, G650ER Showcase November 25, 2016
- Happy Thanksgiving from JetOptions Private Jets November 23, 2016
- Business Jets for Sale: Falcon 900EX, Gulfstream IV-SP, Learjet 45, Falcon 2000EX, Hawker 800XP November 22, 2016
- Business Aviation Demand, XB-1 Supersonic Demonstrator, FAA and BizAv Safety, G550 Sales, Embraer Speed Records, GAMA Q3 Report November 18, 2016
- Executive Jets for Sale: Challenger 300, Gulfstream G550, Gulfstream IV/SP, Citation Excel, Hawker 800XP November 15, 2016
- Global 7000 Maiden Flight, Need to Know Before Flying Private, Business Aviation Innovation, ACJ Cabin Concept, OEM Development November 11, 2016
- Private Jets for Sale: Citation Excel, Challenger 300, Challenger 605, Gulfstream G450, Citation Mustang November 8, 2016