Sales of pre-owned business jets “showed a slow start” during the first seven months of this year, according to the latest data from business aviation market information firm JetNet. That said, the inventory of used business jets continues its downward march, settling at 13.1 percent of the in-service fleet at the end of July–a 0.4-point decrease from a year ago. Sales transactions, however, are down 6.4 percent year-over-year, while the average time on the market climbed by 36 days, to 411. Defying these two negatives, the asking prices for pre-owned business jets surged by 11 percent, to $4.952 million, marking the third consecutive month this year with an increase in the year-to-date average asking price. Meanwhile, the pre-owned turboprop inventory remains low at 7.7 percent, down from 8.9 percent in the same period a year ago. Despite this “seller’s market,” business turboprop sale transactions fell 6.2 percent in July, while average asking prices dived by 27.8 percent, to $1.375 million. Paradoxically, the average number of days on the market for used turboprops dropped by 34, to 313 days.
Pre-Owned Jet Sales Off To Slow Start in 2013September 7th, 2013 JetOptions
Comments are closed.
Private Jet Charter, Business Aviation Info and News
This section contains private jet charter, business aviation, private air charter, and private jet information and news. Some information is written by us and other information comes from numerous sources that we have selected because we believe it will interest you. Let us know if you have any business aviation, private air charter or private jet related information that you would like to see here. JetOptions charters private jets. Book private jet charter, corporate jet charter, business jet charter. JetOptions charters private aircraft anywhere in the world, 24/7, often in 2 hours or less, while providing exceptional value, and an impeccable client experience. JetOptions charters piston aircraft, turboprop aircraft, very light jets, light jets, midsize jets, super mid jets, heavy jets, ultra long range jets, airliners, VIP airliners and helicopters. Our charter aircraft are the highest rated in safety through the outside independent rating agencies of Wyvern and ARG/US. Learn more about JetOptions Private Jets.
- Private Jets for Sale Charter: Challenger 300, Gulfstream III, Gulfstream G550, Hawker 850XP January 5, 2018
- Private Jets for Sale – Charter: Citation XLS+, Learjet 31A, Learjet 60XR, Citation Jet, Citation CJ2+ December 30, 2017
- Private Jets for Sale Charter: Hawker 800XPi, Citation Sovereign, Gulfstream G450, Challenger 605, Falcon 900B December 20, 2017
- Private Jets Sale Charter: Falcon 50, Global 5000, Challenger 604, Falcon 2000LX, Gulfstream G550 December 12, 2017
- Private Jets for Sale – Charter: Gulfstream IV/SP, Citation X, Gulfstream IV, Challenger 601-3A/ER December 4, 2017
- Private Jets for Sale Charter: Challenger 850, Phenom 300, Citation CJ2+, Learjet 75, Citation XLS November 29, 2017
- Private Jets for Sale Charter: Falcon 50EX, Global 5000, Gulfstream G450, Citation XLS, Gulfstream III November 21, 2017
- Private Jets for Sale Charter: Challenger 604, Learjet 60, Falcon 2000, Falcon 900EX EASy, Hawker 850XP November 14, 2017
- Private Jets for Sale Charter: Hawker 1000, Citation Sovereign, Legacy 600, Gulfstream V, Hawker 900XP November 8, 2017
- Private Jets for Sale – Charter: Learjet 75, Citation Ultra, Learjet 35A, Citation Bravo, Citation X November 1, 2017