Sales of pre-owned business jets “showed a slow start” during the first seven months of this year, according to the latest data from business aviation market information firm JetNet. That said, the inventory of used business jets continues its downward march, settling at 13.1 percent of the in-service fleet at the end of July–a 0.4-point decrease from a year ago. Sales transactions, however, are down 6.4 percent year-over-year, while the average time on the market climbed by 36 days, to 411. Defying these two negatives, the asking prices for pre-owned business jets surged by 11 percent, to $4.952 million, marking the third consecutive month this year with an increase in the year-to-date average asking price. Meanwhile, the pre-owned turboprop inventory remains low at 7.7 percent, down from 8.9 percent in the same period a year ago. Despite this “seller’s market,” business turboprop sale transactions fell 6.2 percent in July, while average asking prices dived by 27.8 percent, to $1.375 million. Paradoxically, the average number of days on the market for used turboprops dropped by 34, to 313 days.
Pre-Owned Jet Sales Off To Slow Start in 2013September 7th, 2013 JetOptions
Comments are closed.
Private Jet Charter, Business Aviation Info and News
This section contains private jet charter, business aviation, private air charter, and private jet information and news. Some information is written by us and other information comes from numerous sources that we have selected because we believe it will interest you. Let us know if you have any business aviation, private air charter or private jet related information that you would like to see here. JetOptions charters private jets. Book private jet charter, corporate jet charter, business jet charter. JetOptions charters private aircraft anywhere in the world, 24/7, often in 2 hours or less, while providing exceptional value, and an impeccable client experience. JetOptions charters piston aircraft, turboprop aircraft, very light jets, light jets, midsize jets, super mid jets, heavy jets, ultra long range jets, airliners, VIP airliners and helicopters. Our charter aircraft are the highest rated in safety through the outside independent rating agencies of Wyvern and ARG/US. Learn more about JetOptions Private Jets.
- Private Jet Sale Charter: Falcon 7X, Citation XLS, Challenger 604, Citation Sovereign, Legacy 600 January 16, 2017
- Private Jets Sale & Charter: Citation XLS+, Citation X, Gulfstream G400, Falcon 7X January 10, 2017
- From all of us at JetOptions: We wish you a healthy, happy and prosperous New Year 2017 December 30, 2016
- Private jets for sale and charter: Learjet 45, Phenom 300, Challenger 605, Falcon 900B December 28, 2016
- From all of us at JetOptions we wish you Happy Holidays! December 23, 2016
- Private Jets Sale – Charter: Falcon 7X, Learjet 45XR, Legacy 500, G280, Citation Excel December 21, 2016
- Embraer in China, Long Range Business Jets, Onboard Connectivity, Emergency Training, Global 7000 December 16, 2016
- Private Jets for Sale – Charter: Falcon 900B, 900EX, Learjet 60XR, Gulfstream G400, Phenom 300 December 13, 2016
- Donating Aircraft, VNY Airport, Business Aviation Safety Survey, Embraer Skyranch One, BizAv Activity December 9, 2016
- Jets for Sale – Charter: Hawker 800XP, 900XP, G550, Falcon 7X, Astra 1125SP December 6, 2016