Bombardier introduced two new jets, the Global 7000 and Global 8000, to the top end of its Global family of ultra-long-range business jets at the NBAA Convention today. The larger Global 7000 features a four-zone cabin and will have a 7,300-nm range, and the shorter Global 8,000 has a three-zone cabin and a 7,900-nm range. Entry-into-service date for the Global 7000 is set for 2016, and 2017 for the 8000. Both of the new jets are priced at $65 million (2010 dollars) and join the in-production Global Express XRS and the Global 5000. The new Globals will fly on a new aerodynamically efficient transonic wing, powered by GE’s new high-bypass TechX 16,500-pound-thrust turbofan engine. NOx emissions are said to be 50 percent below ICAO emission goals, while fuel efficiency is projected to be 8 percent better than the Global XRS. High-speed cruise will be Mach 0.90 and long-range cruise of Mach 0.85 delivers the aircraft’s aforementioned maximum ranges with 10 passengers. In the cabin, the new models will have windows 80 percent larger than current Globals and an accessible baggage area and crew rest area. The cockpit will feature an updated version of the Global Vision flight deck, which is based on the Rockwell Collins Pro Line Fusion avionics system.
Bombardier Reveals Its Global 7000 and 8000 JetsOctober 19th, 2010 JetOptions
Comments are closed.
Private Jet Charter, Business Aviation Info and News
This section contains private jet charter, business aviation, private air charter, and private jet information and news. Some information is written by us and other information comes from numerous sources that we have selected because we believe it will interest you. Let us know if you have any business aviation, private air charter or private jet related information that you would like to see here. JetOptions charters private jets. Book private jet charter, corporate jet charter, business jet charter. JetOptions charters private aircraft anywhere in the world, 24/7, often in 2 hours or less, while providing exceptional value, and an impeccable client experience. JetOptions charters piston aircraft, turboprop aircraft, very light jets, light jets, midsize jets, super mid jets, heavy jets, ultra long range jets, airliners, VIP airliners and helicopters. Our charter aircraft are the highest rated in safety through the outside independent rating agencies of Wyvern and ARG/US. Learn more about JetOptions Private Jets.
- Dassault Aviation Unveils First Falcon 5X in Bordeaux-Merignac May 15, 2019
- Cessna Citation Latitude awarded FAA certification, Europe Business Aviation, Falcon 5X Avionics May 15, 2019
- Private Jets for Sale Charter: Challenger 605, 2002 Citation CJ1, Citation II, Gulfstream G550, Gulfstream IV May 15, 2019
- Embraer Legacy 500 Sets Speed Records, Gulfstream G500 First Flight, Aviation Groups and ATC Reform, Jet Builders and More May 15, 2019
- Beechcraft Avionics, Gulfstream G650ER and G280 at Paris Airshow, Aerion Opens Order Book For Supersonic Jet, Embraer Legacy 500 May 15, 2019
- Gulfstream G280 Adds Another Speed Record to Books, G650ER and G450 at Paris Air Show Today May 15, 2019
- Bombardier Global 6000 at Paris Air Show, 68 million G650 for Sale, G450 delivered May 15, 2019
- Dassault Falcon 5X, Kodiak Turboprop, Art Basel, Africa Business Aviation May 15, 2019
- Gulfstream G650ER Video, Pension Funds, Oil Prices and Private Jets, Spike Supersonic Jet May 13, 2019
- Gulfstream Success With Large Business Jets, Airbus E-Fan, Private Jets Sun Valley, Cool Aviation Photos May 13, 2019